Gracie loves to play dress-up. Her favorite things are shoes, purses and jewelry. When her Aunt Angie came to visit we took Gracie to Target. While Angie was shopping for groceries I took Gracie to the children's section. As soon as I approached a rack of swim suits reached out to a pink swim suit that looked like a tu-tu and said....CUTE! So, I had to buy it for her. I also bought her some play jewelry and she loved it! The picture says it all about Gracie being a girly girl! She is so much fun!!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Papaw, Meemaw and Jonah Wheeling Around Corte Bella

We asked Jonah to spend the night with us. He asked again if he could spend two nights. He promised he would be really good. I asked him why he liked to spend the night with us. He said because we let him watch TV before he goes to sleep, and wanted to stay up late tonight....as late as adults do. And sure enough, although we put him to bed at 8:00, he didn't go to sleep until 10:00.

Jonah wanted to know what color my hair was when I was a little girl. I told him it was blond like his. He said he didn't remember because he wasn't even made yet.
At dinner he asked me if I had a picture of my house I lived in when I was little.
Not sure why all of the sudden he is asking questions about when I was a little girl.

Saturday morning Jonah and his Papaw went to Safeway to get a sprinkled donut. When they got back they trimmed flowers in the backyard. Jonah came in the house three different times bringing me a flower each time. He asked me to put them in water and keep them forever. Jonah said he was doing really nice things for me today.

He worked in the golf cart garage with Papaw for an hour or so. I went in the garage to check on them. Jonah had on plastic protective glasses and was using an electric screwdriver working on a project with Papaw. I asked if he was ready to go home. He said, no he was working on a project. He told me he wasn't a quiter, he was a jerk! I laughed and asked Jonah if he knew what a jerk meant. He first said yes, then paused and said not really. I explained to him that a jerk wasn't a very nice person and actly really badly. Oh...I'm not a quiter, I'm a winner!

Jonah brought his Big Wheel with him. So after lunch we got our bikes out and went for a ride with Jonah. It was another beautiful day in Arizona, and we had such a good time watching him pedal his Big Wheel really really fast! When we got home it was almost 1:30. He said he guessed he was ready to go home. I think he was tired. On the way home he kept nodding off. When I would say something to him, he would pop his head up and say I'm not tired I'm just looking out the window. When we were almost to his house he had dozed off again. I told him he needed to wake up. He said, I'm not sleeping...I'm just being really quite in case Gracie is sleeping! Funny, we weren't at his house yet!

Gracie was excited to see him when he came home!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there to hang out with them. I know I'm missing all of these cute little moments with two of my favorite little people. I guess it's good that you and Becky both blog about everything. I don't feel quite so out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete