Gracie loves to play dress-up. Her favorite things are shoes, purses and jewelry. When her Aunt Angie came to visit we took Gracie to Target. While Angie was shopping for groceries I took Gracie to the children's section. As soon as I approached a rack of swim suits reached out to a pink swim suit that looked like a tu-tu and said....CUTE! So, I had to buy it for her. I also bought her some play jewelry and she loved it! The picture says it all about Gracie being a girly girl! She is so much fun!!

Friday, February 26, 2010

MeeMaw & Gracie - Playing, Strolling & Visting With Friends

Now when I pick up Gracie we all walk outside together. She will go to my car and climb in without any tears!

When we got to the house I placed some plastic Easter egss into a wire basket and gave them to Gracie. She spent the first hour taking the eggs apart, putting them back together and then throwing them in the basket. When she got all the eggs in the basket she would dump them on the floor and do it all over again. Who said you have to buy your grandchildren expensive toys to entertain them.

She ate left over pizza, cheese cubes and apple slices for lunch while she sat in her Papaw's chair watching Miss Spider on TV.

After lunch I took Gracie for a ride in her stroller. We've had a lot of rain (for Arizona) so the flowers are in full bloom. Gracie enjoyed seeing the flowers and she would sniff the air and laugh.

Later that day we went to visit Joy & Darrell. They are our good friends and live two doors down the street from us. When Darrell met us in their courtyard he picked up Gracie and she didn't like that one bit. She cried and held out her arms for me to take her. We went out outside to see their grandson's toy house. Gracie wouldn't go in the playhouse. So, I went in and sat on the floor. She finally came in and sat in my lap. Joy popped two puppets through the windows of the playhouse and said hi to Gracie. Gracie appeared to be calmer. However, when I wanted to leave the playhouse she didn't want to get out of my lap. I thought we were stuck there for the day. Joy told Gracie she had something for her to eat if she would come inside the house.

Joy went into the kitchen and brought out a M&M toy candy dispenser. Gracie took some candy and started to get quite happy. She warmed up to Joy and Darrell even more when Darrell got out an antimated animal book. When Darrell pushed the button next to the animal, the animal made a sound. Gracie would giggle and repeat the sound. As we started to leave I asked Gracie to tell Joy thank you for the candy. She thanked Joy and gave her a hug and kiss. She told them bye bye several times. I think the next time she will warm up to them faster. It's almost 2:00 and she has been down for a nap for about thirty minutes. I hope she has a good nap until her Daddy picks her up at 3:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment