Gracie loves to play dress-up. Her favorite things are shoes, purses and jewelry. When her Aunt Angie came to visit we took Gracie to Target. While Angie was shopping for groceries I took Gracie to the children's section. As soon as I approached a rack of swim suits reached out to a pink swim suit that looked like a tu-tu and said....CUTE! So, I had to buy it for her. I also bought her some play jewelry and she loved it! The picture says it all about Gracie being a girly girl! She is so much fun!!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Good Friday With Jonah

Jonah didn't go to school today because it was Good Friday....so he spent the day with me. It was a pretty quite day. Gracie was with us until around 1:30. After she left we played a game called Sequence. Jonah won two games (with a little help from me). As usual, Jonah was anxious for his Papaw to get home. He wanted to go outside and play with the new bat and ball Bob had bought him. Jonah had found it earlier in the day in the toy closet. Bob got home early from work so they headed out to play as soon as he got home. After a while Jonah came in the house and asked for a piece of cheese. Jonah had found a mouse trap in the golf cart garage and wanted to try to catch a mouse. He checked later that evening, but no mouse. He really wanted to catch a mouse. I'm glad we didn't because I think he wouldn't like seeing it after it was caught in the trap.


Bob told Jonah that we would take him for a ride on a toy train Saturday morning if it was open. When we got there it wasn't open so Jonah was a little disappointed. But he did get to see flying toy planes and go carts racing. Jonah really wanted to drive a go cart, but these were privately owned and they also went really fast. He said he could drive them fast and that he wasn't afraid.

He settled for a trip to McDonald's to play and have lunch. He went straight to the play area after he went to the bathroom. After playing for a few minutes he said he needed to go back to the bathroom again. I went in to make sure everything was ok and he said he needed his privacy. He was sitting and he said he locked the door so no one could get in. I walked back to our table where I could see the bathroom door from our table. I noticed a few people were lined up at the bathroom door. So I went back to the bathroom. Jonah was standing at the door with all of his clothes off. He always takes his shorts and underwear off when he sits on the toilet. But he had also taken his shirt off as well. He was completely naked and standing with his clothes in front of him. I went it and asked him what he was doing. He said he heard something and got scared so he had run to the door to find me. He wasn't letting the ladies in that were standing at the door because he didn't want them to see him. They all got a big laugh out of him. He went back to the play area and we heard him say he was really strong and he worked out. Later I asked him who he was talking to about working out and he said a girl. Oh brother!!

When we got home he wanted to go for a walk. He decided he would drive his golf cart and we walked next to him. It's always a slow walk because Jonah always has to stop and talk about something that is interesting to him. He noticed a golf cart in a neighbor's garage and commented that the wheels were just like our golf cart. He also noticed how shiny their drive way was. They had just had it painted. It surprises me how he notices the little things around him. He has always been so curious and remembers every little detail.


Bob left to go play golf, but Jonah still was ready to go home. So we played Mexican train (Jonah's rules) and Sequence again. It was 2:30 and I told him I needed to take him home. He really didn't want to go. I finally convinced him I needed to run some errands and I better get him home. He fell asleep again on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment